Android Development Training Program for Beginner (FREE)
Posted by Planet Malaysia on December 6, 2011
Just get this newsletter and thinking of share it out to everyone who is interested.
Android Development Training Program for Beginner is a 3-day hands-on guide to designing and building mobile applications using Google’s Android open-source platform. The course explains what Android is, the Android SDK, all essential features, as well as the advanced capabilities and APIs, such as background services and notifications.
This complete hands-on workshop encourages participants to learn by building a real-life working application, which can serve as a basis for their future Android projects. By the end of the course, each participant will have a complete functional Android application incorporating most of the key features of the platform.
Training Program Details:
Date: 13th December 2011 (Tuesday) – 15th December 2011 (Thursday)
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM), Nilai
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build their Android applications.
- Understand how Android applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources.
- Design and develop useful Android applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating their own layouts and “Views” and using “Menus”.
- Take advantage of Android’s APIs for data storage, retrieval, user preferences, files, databases, and content providers.
- Utilize the power of background services and notifications.
- Use Android’s communication APIs for internet resources (HTTP).
- Learn how to use common Web APIs from popular services like Twitter, Flickr, bit.ly, etc.
- The Big Picture
- Project Structure
- Inside the Manifest
- The Development Environment
Creating a Skeleton Application
- Basic User Interface
- Using XML-based Layouts
- Employing Basic Widgets and
- Working with Containers
- Advanced UI
- Using Selection Widgets
- Getting Fancy with Lists
- Employing Fancy Widgets and Containers
- User Action
- The Input Method Framework
- Applying Menus
- Showing Popup Messages
- Handling Activity Lifecycle Events
- Creating Intent Filters
- Launching Activities and Sub-activities
- Embedding the WebKit Browser
- Communicating via the Internet
- Using Popular Web APIs
- Working with Resources
- Working with Medias
- Building a Content Provider
- Creating a Service
- Alerting Users via Notification
- Using Preferences
- Managing and Accessing Local Database
- Accessing Files
Admission is free however registration is required. As spaces are limited, allocation will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you are interested to participate in this training program, please complete the attached registration form and kindly return to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 03-2297 5390.
Hope this is really useful for anyone that love Android.
Possibly Related Posts:
- MSC Malaysia Fully Sponsored 3D Animation Course
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Google Tablet ‘iPad’
- Most Expensive Domain Names – Updated
- Power IT Down Day – Green IT