Introduce kSar – a SAR grapher
Posted by Planet Malaysia on April 3, 2009
Last week I was working on consolidate Linux SAR graphical report and I found a great tool called kSar.
kSar Version 5 is a java application that graph your sar data. It can graph sar text output from Solaris,Linux,AIX,HPUX,Mac OS/X. It also permit to export data to PDF/JPG/PNG/CSV.
How to run kSar from Windows XP machine?
1. Make sure you have java install
2. Make sure you have kSar download and installed
3. Copy over /var/log/sa/sar* to your local HDD.
4. Launch kSar from Windows XP MSDOS command line by type: java -jar kSar.jar
5. Load from sarXX text file.
How to generate SAR output manually incase you have missed out systat cronjob?
# sar -A -f /var/log/sa10 > /var/log/sa/sar10
Please make sure you have sysstat cronjob as example below:
# Record stats every 5 minutes (in binary)
*/5 * * * * root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1
# Generate a summary of stats (in plain text) every day at 11:50pm
50 23 * * * root /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A
Possibly Related Posts:
- How to add Dell PERC Drivers into VMware Converter Cold Clone ISO
- Top 10 Free Anti Virus
- Microsoft SQL 2008 Agent not starts
- VMware Workstation 7 Serial Key
- WP Contact Form III – You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page Error